Point Me To A Window Brand / Model?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
beer234

Point Me To A Window Brand / Model?

#1 Post by beer234 »

I have a rental single family home in Minnesota. It has wood windows from 1986 some of which are literally falling apart due to rotting. I NEED to replace 3 with sliders, 1 with double hung and one sliding patio door. I'm interested in obtaining quotes for the whole house but defining phase 1 as the 4+door.

Keeping in mind that I don't live here and I don't pay the heating bill, i'm looking for replacement windows that are going to be safe and functional with a good warranty. I'm not concerned about the tax credit etc.

I had one estimate so far from Window Concepts (Armaclad) for $5k for the 3 sliders+double hung and patio door. The whole house was $11k or if I signed on the spot 10% off. I didn't go for that as i'm still learning and getting other bids. There are so many places and I don't want to disturb my tenants more than a few more times with measuring etc. I'm also considering a reputable local place that sells Heartland have not yet had them out for the bid yet.

So far from reading here i'm considering having Champion out for a bid and looking at places that carry Simonton? It seems easiest to find a good window brand then locate a reputable installer. Any advice on window brands to seek out based on my situation?

Thanks
John