Stressing over windows in southern Minnesota

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chester

Stressing over windows in southern Minnesota

#1 Post by chester »

Hello,

It's time for our 2004 Hayfield windows to get replaced. I originally asked our builder to quote Andersen 400s and he showed up with his Pella rep and is quoting Impervia's.

Should I be stressing that Impervia's are inferior? Should I be looking for something else?

One of the reasons we landed on the Andersen's originally was that we could get them black inside and out.

I want something low maintenance, decent quality, and not obscenely priced. That's a really crappy and vague requirements list.

I'm oddly super stressed about this.

chester

Re: Stressing over windows in southern Minnesota

#2 Post by chester »

One more thing, we had our roof replaced last year and they also do siding and windows. They use Soft-Lite windows so after reading some on here, it may be worth having them come and quote our project as well.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Soft-Lite can do an all black window. One of the better vinyl manufacturers out there. I prefer a Marvin Elevate to Andersen 400's and Pella Impervia. I don't think that one can get the Elevate with their fiberglass exterior in black though. Sunrise can do a black laminate interior and black painted exterior.

chester

#4 Post by chester »

Delaware Mike wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:05 pm Soft-Lite can do an all black window. One of the better vinyl manufacturers out there. I prefer a Marvin Elevate to Andersen 400's and Pella Impervia. I don't think that one can get the Elevate with their fiberglass exterior in black though. Sunrise can do a black laminate interior and black painted exterior.
Does this mean the Elevate can be had in black exterior or am I reading this wrong?

https://www.marvin.com/products/design- ... ior-finish

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Correct.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

I had a Marvin brochure on my desk that I just picked up from my local supply house and didn't check the date of the brochure. It's a 2020 brochure lol as the staff didn't update their stashes of brochures. Looks like black is available. One thing that I will add to that series by Marvin is that one cannot add a decorative lift bottom sash ornate lift handle due to it's low profile sash rail and sill. It will hit the glass as there is no room.

chester

#7 Post by chester »

I appreciate the responses!

Elizabeth589

#8 Post by Elizabeth589 »

Hi Guys,up bhulekh
When it comes to window options, Soft-Lite stands out for its ability to offer an all-black window, reflecting their versatility in customization. While Soft-Lite is among the top vinyl manufacturers, my personal preference leans toward the Marvin Elevate series compared to Andersen 400's and Pella Impervia. However, it's worth noting that obtaining the Elevate series with a black fiberglass exterior might be a challenge.

On the other hand, Sunrise shines in providing flexibility with a black laminate interior and a meticulously painted black exterior. This versatility ensures a sleek and cohesive look for your home, combining both aesthetic appeal and functionality. Ultimately, each manufacturer brings its strengths to the table, allowing homeowners to explore a range of options to suit their preferences and style.

niladri

#9 Post by niladri »

When stressed about windows in Southern Minnesota, individuals may consider factors like energy efficiency, durability, and aesthetic appeal. They might weigh the options for replacements or repairs, prioritizing solutions that withstand harsh weather conditions while enhancing the comfort and beauty of their homes. gb whatsapp pro apk

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

Right. Thank you.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 am Right. Thank you.
lol.
Gotta love the AI posts.

herry80

#12 Post by herry80 »

windows in Southern Minnesota can be stressful. Prioritizing energy efficiency, durability, and aesthetics is key. Explore replacements or repairs that withstand harsh weather, ensuring comfort and enhancing your home's appeal.

Ricknez

#13 Post by Ricknez »

herry80 is from India and an obvious scammer. Someone needs to delete his post.
The other post from nildari is also from India and they put a link at the end of their spam post. That needs to be deleted as it probably contains a virus.
Herry80 needs to go back to his 50 cents an hour call center job and stay away from this board, he is useless.