Casement Window Quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tricca

Casement Window Quote

#1 Post by tricca »

Hello there,

We are looking to have new windows replaced in our house. We have about 25 year old Hurd casement windows, which they are no longer in business. It is time to replace some of them, but we have had estimates done on all the windows in our house. We have about 15 casement windows (some of them double casement) and one sliding door. We live in Central Illinois. I have three quotes that I would like to get your honest opinions on.

1. Pella 250 Series - $35,000 - $40,000 depending on what rebates and deals they have to offer.
2. Polaris ThermalWeld Plus - $29,500 - Local company would install and have been around about 25 years.
3. Viwinco Cambridge Series - $26,400 - Family owned business that has been in our area for almost 50 years.

I will say, for what my limited knowledge on this is, I felt like the guy from #3 was the most knowledgeable (he will be taking over the business when his dad retires and his two sons are working for them now.) But from what I have read, the Viwinco may be the cheapest quality.

What are your thoughts on these different window companies? My wife and I have no plans on moving anytime soon, so I am looking at the long haul.

Thank you guys,
Tim

Ricknez

Re: Casement Window Quote

#2 Post by Ricknez »

The Polaris is my preference. Viwinco is just a cheaply made window in my opinion.

HomeSealed

Re: Casement Window Quote

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Agreed. The Polaris is a solid window, and as long as their 25 years in business comes with a good reputation (google reviews, bbb, etc) then that sounds like strong option.

The 50 year family business is a great story, but the choice of window says that they are not the most knowledgeable choice here unfortunately. Given that choice is a "supply house" window, I suspect that they are either a "jack of all trades" that doesn't specialize in windows, or run very low volume.