Window Replacement Advice: Vytex, Sunrise, Pella, SoftLite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MDHomeowner

Window Replacement Advice: Vytex, Sunrise, Pella, SoftLite

#1 Post by MDHomeowner »

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on replacing my windows. I've tried to do some research, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the choices. Much of the information seems biased and doesn't really provided a comparison between the options I'm considering.

I live in a townhouse in the suburbs of the Washington DC area. It was built in the late 1970s and still has the original double slider windows. We are planning on staying in our home for at least another 10 years.

Due to the color scheme of our home, we need the exterior to be brown rather than white.

I have gotten quotes for the following windows.

Vytex Fortis
Sunrise (MI) Restorations V5000
Pella 250 Series
SoftLite Classic Plus Series
Gentek Signature Elite

They are all fairly similar in price except the SoftLite ones are about $2000 more. Our neighbor got cream SoftLite windows and is pleased with them. Is the SoftLite worth the greater price?

All of the installation companies are fairly reputable except the Gentek one. They have varying installation warranties ranging from 5 years to 20 years.

Could someone chime in with an opinion about which window is the best? I would greatly appreciate it before I make my decision. Thank you!

Ricknez

Re: Window Replacement Advice: Vytex, Sunrise, Pella, SoftLite

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Vytex or sunrise. See my response on other board.

HomeSealed

Re: Window Replacement Advice: Vytex, Sunrise, Pella, SoftLite

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Vytex and Sunrise are good. Softlite Elements and Elite are also good, however the Classic is a significant step down IMO and I wouldn't consider it.

Most importantly, I'd check to see if Windows on Washington serves your location. They are the best in the business.