1990'S VINYL VERTICLE SLIDING WINDOW

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Bob52

1990'S VINYL VERTICLE SLIDING WINDOW

#1 Post by Bob52 »

Hi all, we have a 1997 manufactured home with these types of windows and I need to remove the sliding half of the window to clean mold that I cant get too unless I remove it. So, there is the little metal pullout tab (see image) on each side of the frame and we do understand it's purpose and how to pull the tab out , but the there is another metal clip with the internal cord attached to it that clips into a slot in frame right above the top of the sliding lower half of thew indow when it is in closed position (see attached). I don't know if that should be removed or not when we take out the slider? I don't think so but don't want to make any assumptions of course. Anyway, I want to understand also what I should see while moving the window up after the pull tabs are pulled outward? Does the tab stop the internal window slides (for a lack of a better term) allow the window somehow more wiggle room to remove the window? Just want to know how it all works and what I should see, or not see when removing it. Any help would be very much appreciated..... Bob
Attachments
upper tab-2.jpg
(232.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lower clip-2.jpg
(230.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Windows on Washington

Re: 1990'S VINYL VERTICLE SLIDING WINDOW

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »