Windows Install starts tomorrow...anything to look out for?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mtmconsumer

Windows Install starts tomorrow...anything to look out for?

#1 Post by mtmconsumer »

So, the windows that I ordered at the end of January are ready to be installed starting tomorrw. I have about 24 windows (mostly casements some very large others not as large, a half round, and one large sliding door) that will be put in - full frame removal/replacement...I was told it would be a 3 day job. Install crew of 2 - 3 people.

I ordered the Soft-Lite Elements, particially due to this board and the comfort level I had with the dealer.

While I don't plan on following around the install crew like some crazy stalker I would like to see how they put in the first couple of windows to ensure that they are being installed correctly (although I have no real idea, except for reading this board, what that entails).

So what do I need to be looking for on the install? And what questions would/should I ask while they are putting the first window or two in?

They also will be wrapping the exterior, is there anything I need to look out for on that?

Again I don't want to seem like I am lurching over them, I just want to see how the first window or two is done...because when Thursday comes around I want to focus solely on basketball and watching my bracket fall apart. 8)