Sunrise v Andersen v Pella

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lonnman381

Sunrise v Andersen v Pella

#1 Post by lonnman381 »

We are in the market for a whole house full of windows and have quotes from Sunrise, Andersen and Pella. Sunrise quoted their top tier line, triple pane for $36,500. Andersen quoted their 100 series at $41,500 and Pella quoted their 250 series and gave a “good deal” to match Sunrise are $36,000. It’s 15 windows in all, some double hung, some casements and we live in southern Michigan. I’ve never really heard of sunrise till now and the more I read, the more good things I hear of them. Is Pella just name recognition? My question is this, if price isn’t really a concern with these three, since they’re all close, which is the better way to? All windows are black inside and out, which did add to the cost. Sunrise with a 50 year warranty, Pella with lifetime as long as we live in the house. Any help here would be appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise v Andersen v Pella

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Based on new developments...probably none of the above.

Sunrise was acquired by MI and we have yet to see what the transition is going to look like. I don't know of anyone that deals in quality vinyl or knows what they are looking at that would place the Pella 250 into that same category. The Andersen 100 isn't bad, but it's just a different window material and is used, largely, in new construction.

Have you searched for a Soft-Lite or Okna vendor near you?

What were the installation details like?

lonnman381

#3 Post by lonnman381 »

I have not. I’ve never heard of them either to know to search them. I keep seeing good reviews for sunrise though. It’s a PVC frame with triple pane vs the fiberglass double pane by Pella.

lonnman381

#4 Post by lonnman381 »

Of this three, which is the better window?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

Out of the 3 quotes you have? Definitely sunrise.

lonnman381

#6 Post by lonnman381 »

Why? You have first hand experience with them?