Alside vs Certainteed

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rentrugd

Alside vs Certainteed

#1 Post by rentrugd »

I live in south Louisiana and was wondering if any one can advise which window would be better, Alside Excallibur or the Certainteed Bryn Mawr II? They seem to be close in price an quality. Any advise???

buddy110

#2 Post by buddy110 »

I'd say they are pretty equal windows. Certainteed is a pretty big company. Alsides products are good. Toss up really. I think the Alside has an insulated main frame.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

buddy110 wrote:I'd say they are pretty equal windows. Certainteed is a pretty big company. Alsides products are good. Toss up really. I think the Alside has an insulated main frame.
No insulated mainframe in the Excalibur or even the option of an insulated mainframe in that line.

Certainteed is a big, bulky, but sturdy product.

The excalibur is an okay window.

buddy110

#4 Post by buddy110 »

Windows on Washington wrote:
buddy110 wrote:I'd say they are pretty equal windows. Certainteed is a pretty big company. Alsides products are good. Toss up really. I think the Alside has an insulated main frame.
No insulated mainframe in the Excalibur or even the option of an insulated mainframe in that line.

Certainteed is a big, bulky, but sturdy product.

The excalibur is an okay window.
Thanks for the clarifivcation. Been a while since I look at Alsides products.