Price for Soft-lite Imperial Pro replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
quilt4fun

Price for Soft-lite Imperial Pro replacement windows

#1 Post by quilt4fun »

I have just replaced 7 wood framed windows with aluminum clad storm windows with Soft-light double hung Imperial Pro replacement windows. The exterior is white and the interior is cherry wood grain. I would like to know if the price I paid for the windows and installation was reasonable or overpriced. I live in Central Illinois. The measurements and prices are as follows:

32 1/8 x 70 $488.47 (1)
28 1/8 x 69 7/8 $439.70 (1)
32 x 69 7/8 $488.47 (1)
28 x 65 3/4 $439.70 (1)
28 1/8 x 65 3/4 $439.70 (1)
32 x 65 3/4 $879.39 (2)

TheWindowNerd

Re: Price for Soft-lite Imperial Pro replacement windows

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

very very reasonable

quilt4fun

#3 Post by quilt4fun »

One correction I need to make is that the inside is not wood. It's wood grain vinyl.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, You should be satisfied as you purchased a nice window at a good price.

canuck

#5 Post by canuck »

i don't know how you did it but you got a very good price; actually a steal.

Firebrand

#6 Post by Firebrand »

Quilt4fun,

I am just a consumer like you, not a pro like the other fellas, but I think you got a good deal if these are the Imperial LS model that is apparently a lot like the Elements. I am re-reading your post and it says the Imperial Pro, not sure if that's the same as LS from previous posts on the board. It may be it's pretty close in quality and still a good deal. I am not far from you and didn't hear these types of dollars for the upgraded windows you got from the only Imperial LS dealer in town. Although I had a few more windows, I heard maybe 2k higher and that was for no frills, basic white on white. Hope they work out!

Firebrand

canuck

#7 Post by canuck »

i've rarely seen an Imperial ls priced below 550 per window for a double pane and basic white. thats just a suspiciously low price.

quilt4fun

#8 Post by quilt4fun »

The labels on my windows say Imperial Pro. The place where the windows were bought did not install them. I have a man who worked for Pella for years and is now retired and doing this work to supplement retirement income who installed my windows. He does a very careful and thourough job. Thanks for all the comments. It does sound like I got a very good deal.

canuck

#9 Post by canuck »

a good deal is a good window and a high quality install .
a cheap price is something completely different and not in the best interest of a consumer.