help with window replacements

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
puffkit

help with window replacements

#1 Post by puffkit »

so we are looking to replace 14 windows with vinyls. we've gotten quotes all over the place from lowe's reliabilt or pella (low $$), ideal perfect fits, sheffield alside to thompson creek (high $$). from reading reviews on here i'm getting the idea these are fairly junky windows (not thompson creek). we still have andersen and several others coming out. we are looking to be around $500/window installed. problem is all of our windows are going to need to be custom-made or cut...we have lots of windows that are sliders approx 70 x 35. i love this site and have read lots of material looking for window reviews but i don't know the typical price range for the better windows like simonton, gorell, okna, soft-lite. i don't want to waste our and a salesmans time having them come out to measure and give their pitch only to find out the windows are $750 each. we're just looking for a good solid mid/high range double pane, argon, vinyl, durable window with an excellent warranty (reliable parent company).

any suggestions and installers we should contact in the maryland area would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

HomeSealed

Re: help with window replacements

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

In my area, you'd should be able to find a white double pane version from those manufacturers for under $600. I'd also add Sunrise and Plygem as worthy of consideration... Please understand though that every market is different, so pricing can vary substantially.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I agree that the $500 to $600 per window should put you where you want to be.
Find a post from WOW and hit "get a quote" under his name. Great guy with substantial product offerings.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on talking to wow

puffkit

#5 Post by puffkit »

since i know WoW won't post on pages so as not to appear to solicit business i have requested a quote but could call them too....who am i asking for?

puffkit

#6 Post by puffkit »

found eric...and contacted him.