windows to be replaced by window world

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sue1969

windows to be replaced by window world

#1 Post by sue1969 »

Hi,
I have to change about 11 windows and a patio door in my house. I contacted window world and they quoted a price of $3885 for their 6000 series windows. Do you have any insights on this company? how about the quote. This quote is for the windows eligible for the tax credit. Please let me know asap so i can decide. Thanks in advance

Skydawggy

Re: windows to be replaced by window world

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Try searching this site and you will get all the opinions you can read on WW. Basically, we collectively don't like Alside Windows and that's what WW sells.

jaiso

#3 Post by jaiso »

Hi.

If you truly want an opinion on a specific company I would highly recommend you check the company's accreditations and such. This board is full of companies, and of course, competitors will never give you an honest opinion of any company, especially Window World. Window World has run many over priced, high pressure companies out of business...so of course they are angry. So I recommend you research other avenues and take what you hear on a window installer forum with a grain of salt. Window World did not become America's largest window replacement company by doing people wrong and it certainly would not have such wonderful corporate partners (St. Jude Childrens Hospital, Good Housekeeping Seal, Energy Star Retail Partnership, Cathy Ireland, John Andretti, etc) if they were a bad company as the above responses imply (remember, other companies can only compete on scare tactics, so beware).

BUT, a company's earned accreditations and past performance (over 900,000 customers and growing) will always give you the truth!

We chose Window World and have had no issues...in fact, I have referred countless friends and co-workers to them so I know a lot about the company and their charitable events.

shamu

#4 Post by shamu »

Biggest doesn't always equate to the best. Window World is a franchised business model so each store is run independent of one another. A store in one location may do a better job than another location. Checkout the store you are dealing with. I do commend Window World for their committment to St. Judes. What is Kathy Ireland's background and experience in the window industry again? I would suggest getting other quotes, as the Alside product is a mid-grade window. Not the best or the worst choice available.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

jaiso wrote:
BUT, a company's earned accreditations and past performance (over 900,000 customers and growing) will always give you the truth!

We chose Window World and have had no issues...in fact, I have referred countless friends and co-workers to them so I know a lot about the company and their charitable events.
Have you actually read what you just wrote? Do you really think anyone believes you are just a satisfied WW customer who happened to stop by this random forum and stick up for WW on your first post?
I would bet money that not only are you a Window World employee, but you are also Sue 1969. We get people like you all the time posting set-up fake WW threads to advertise your company.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

jaiso wrote:Hi.

If you truly want an opinion on a specific company I would highly recommend you check the company's accreditations and such. This board is full of companies, and of course, competitors will never give you an honest opinion of any company, especially Window World. Window World has run many over priced, high pressure companies out of business...so of course they are angry. So I recommend you research other avenues and take what you hear on a window installer forum with a grain of salt. Window World did not become America's largest window replacement company by doing people wrong and it certainly would not have such wonderful corporate partners (St. Jude Childrens Hospital, Good Housekeeping Seal, Energy Star Retail Partnership, Cathy Ireland, John Andretti, etc) if they were a bad company as the above responses imply (remember, other companies can only compete on scare tactics, so beware).

Rather than point to corporate partners, etc which have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the product or installation, we "biased" forum pros prefer to back our opinions with facts, performance numbers, and years of real life experience. Also, fyi, none of the folks who routinely contribute here advocate "high-price, high-pressure" tactics. Those tactics are just as repugnant as the bait and switch that WW and those type of companies use.

buddy110

#7 Post by buddy110 »

Yeah a quick search on WW turned these credentials and stuff up

http://www.my3cents.com/productReview.c ... ndow+World

jaiso

#8 Post by jaiso »

Point made, thanks for confirming what I said was true! No I am not a Window World employee and I also am not Sue1969. Your credibility is now loss. If you're going to post, you should (1) be honest and (2) provide value. If anyone was to read the posts on this forum, you would think ALL windows and ALL window companies are inferior. It all depends on what the companies posting here sell...of course what they sell is always going to be the best in their eyes.... And of course, companies competing with the largest and best window company around, would having nothing good to say about that company. But then again, no other window installation company (other than Window World) has over 900,000 satisfied customers either!

In regards to the link provided above, there are a few complaints and there are also some kudos. Again, I'm sure all of the companies here have never had mishap, disgruntled employee or an unreasonable customer. I'm sure all of you are perfect of course, but we all know better than that. If you were to take all of the companies on this board and combine their sales, you would only have a fraction of what Window World installs, but I'm positive the list of complaints would FAR surpass those of Window World's. Window World installs over a million windows each year and has for several years now, so a few unhappy customers is expected...any reasonable consumer understands this. But of course the Window World competitors on this forum would not....go figure.

buddy110

#9 Post by buddy110 »

jaiso wrote:Point made, thanks for confirming what I said was true! No I am not a Window World employee and I also am not Sue1969. Your credibility is now loss. If you're going to post, you should (1) be honest and (2) provide value. If anyone was to read the posts on this forum, you would think ALL windows and ALL window companies are inferior. It all depends on what the companies posting here sell...of course what they sell is always going to be the best in their eyes.... And of course, companies competing with the largest and best window company around, would having nothing good to say about that company. But then again, no other window installation company (other than Window World) has over 900,000 satisfied customers either!

In .

Now there you go again. :lol: :lol: Lemme see... I don't sell:
Okna
Simonton
Sunrise or
Softlite.. Yet I consistantly praise them on this board. Don't believe me? Do a search.

You should quit while you're behind. :mrgreen:

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Jaiso, you are neglecting to see that none of us professionals who contribute here even compete with WW. We are not owners of Clear Choice, or any other "bargain" window franchise that fights WW for the low-end vinyl market. We sell high quality products at reasonable prices. It is very infrequent that a customer is cross shopping a $189 window with one that offers the highest degree of quality and energy efficiency. WW is not our competitor, we just inform consumers who ask about them of what they are: a mediocre window at a good price... But buyer beware, their Alside windows are not very good, and they pay their installers substantially less than average. Draw your own conclusions...If you would like to dispute this in any way, please tout the redeeming qualities of the products and/or installation processes that WW uses rather than a bunch of marketing fluff... Furthermore, there is not a single pro here that does not advocate for products that he/she does not sell. I can definitively say that Simonton, Okna, and Sunrise are great products even though I do not sell them (although I do have first hand installation experience with Simonton and Sunrise). I did sell Alside products in the past and I regret it based on knowledge that I've since gained, as well as all of the service calls that I recieve on those products to this day. Please take a few weeks and read past and current threads thoroughly before making completely uninformed, generalized statements.

Skydawggy

#11 Post by Skydawggy »

I don't consider Window World a competitor at all. Their market is mainly people who's homes have formica countertops, low end carpet, no frills appliances, and budget computers so that they post anonymously on the internet. Window World is for those who simply can't afford the better products and better installers. Nothing wrong with that at all and there's no more shame in purchasing their products than there is in buying a stereo from Walmart or living in a Double-Wide. But let's not kid ourselves as to what Window World is and isn't or try to justify purchasing their products with statements like "I haven't had any problems..... yet". The Walmart stereo hasn't exploded yet either but, that doesn't make it a quality product.

canuck

#12 Post by canuck »

what happens when somone purchases low quality windows they try to justify it by:
1) we are only going to be living here another year or two.
well,those cheap windows can actually detract from your home's value when you try to sell it. also,thats a pretty rotten thing to do to a new home owner you sell too. i also would'nt want to be in your position durng the home inspection and the inspector points out the fact that your new windows are garbage and the prospective buys now want to start taking money off the price or else they are not buying.
2)anything is better than what we have.
ok,so instead of putting on a jacket so you can sit down in that beautuful new chair by your leaky window,you now only need a sweat shirt because the new windows don't leak as much.
3) vinyl is vinyl,its all the same. my uncle Bob is a contractor and he says all vinyl windows are the same if they have lowE and argon. he can get windows for $175 bucks and have his friend Joe who is a fireman but also very handy install them real cheap.
tell Joe the fireman i put out fire's on the side. all vinyl is NOT created equal. there are many different ingredients that are added to a pvc resin to increase the strength and over all quality of the pvc. also,those ingredients vary in quality as well. nothing could be further from the truth. the way the window is designed/engineered also varies greatly as does the thicknss of the vinyl itself. not to mention the spacer and overall glass package.
4) anyone can install a window..
really,go check out the way Joe the fireman installs a window. i certainly hope he does'nt put out fire's like that. proper installation of a window is one of the most neglected in the building/contracting trades. it takes time,energy,and knowledge to install a window correctly and unfortunately most guys(in my experience) do not install the right way and add that to a low quality window and guess what,you got that great bargain at 349 per window. what a smart business decision!!! that decision will provr to be smarter when you decide you need to spend 550 per window to get quality and add that to your original smart decision and look how much your windows now cost>>> i guess listening to the pro's on this board was'nt such a bad idea after all.

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

EcoStar Windows wrote:I don't consider Window World a competitor at all. Their market is mainly people who's homes have formica countertops, low end carpet, no frills appliances, and budget computers so that they post anonymously on the internet. Window World is for those who simply can't afford the better products and better installers. Nothing wrong with that at all and there's no more shame in purchasing their products than there is in buying a stereo from Walmart or living in a Double-Wide. But let's not kid ourselves as to what Window World is and isn't or try to justify purchasing their products with statements like "I haven't had any problems..... yet". The Walmart stereo hasn't exploded yet either but, that doesn't make it a quality product.
My Walmart TV did explode! :lol: Just over a year old 46" LCD and it took a crap.... Learned my lesson. $1000 tv is a lot less than a house full of windows though.

JScott

#14 Post by JScott »

Poll- Can any pro here buy a plastic window for 189?

$60 for the installer, $60 for the product, $19 for the salesman- would have to sell 2500 per year or like 5-8 everyday, 7 days a week to be slightly above poverty level, $30 for advertising, $18 for someone to answer the phone, owners, administration, etc...warehousing...sorry no money for NASCAR, so wheres' it coming from...

You just can not buy a good cup of coffee for a nickle. Its' not 1920.

The bait an switch, add for screen, add for job setup...the tin man marketing which brings our profession down to a very low level is I believe the main dis-satisfaction we all have.

The best for less is another area- left for another time- we think ...

8)

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#15 Post by Window4U (IL) »

jaiso wrote:Point made, thanks for confirming what I said was true! No I am not a Window World employee and I also am not Sue1969. Your credibility is now loss.
No, I've got it 100% right.